|Reporting to:||Head, Business Development|
|Division:||Office of the Chief Operating Officer|
The Business Development Cluster Head is primarily responsible for ensuring business growth through the development of growth plans, proposals and negotiation for a target market. He/she will execute the initiatives identified and approved by the Management. He/she will design feasibility studies by integrating due diligence data in coordination with legal, finance and technical professionals with the goal of putting the company in the best position. He/she will be the champion in the knowledge of our products/ services as well as marketing this to potential customers.
THE IDEAL TALENT PROFILE
The candidate who has a solid background in marketing, business development and sales will have an advantage. Likewise, any licensed engineer who has strong analytical skills can be considered for the role. A deeper understanding of the business and its external environment will also be preferred for ease in marketing the products and services. He/she should have excellent communication skills, critical thinking and analytical skills to be able to ascertain the right product or service to offer. Lastly, since the organization is lean at the start, he/she should be self-driven, innovative and motivated to accomplish the projects assigned to him/her. He must be able to harness the advantage of collaborative efforts with other stakeholders.
- Develop growth plans for a specific target market (e.g. Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna or Bicol) and oversee all activities related to expansion and business development (BD)
- Provide oversight in the production of feasibility studies and accomplish all other preparations before due diligence, including but not limited to, the collection of commercial data and technical measurements, acquisition of permits and water rights, and the review of legal documents.
- Initiate the integration of all due diligence reports for a single BD project in coordination with the technical, financial and legal professionals and provide recommendations based on growth potential, risks and viability.
- Develop full proposals for BD engagement which should contain the project’s financial analyses, CAPEX and OPEX recommendations, and tariff applications.
- Negotiate with authorities, partners and clients for the successful implementation of BD projects
- Accomplish the necessary turnover preparations to execute the contract and farm out operations to initiate and sustain the newly acquired BD project.
- May be asked to perform other duties
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Any university degree, preferably with MBA degree
- A track record in business development with at least eight years of mid-level work experience
- Work experience in a utility or power industry is a plus factor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Has very strong business sense or financial acumen preferably with background in financial modeling
- Can speak and write well for report production, presentations and negotiations
- Has strong networking skills
- Has a strong sense of urgency
- Can work well in a team and be able to communicate effectively at all levels including with colleagues, customers, clients and government authorities
WORKPLACE RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
- Will frequently use Microsoft programs such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word
WORKING CONDITIONS and OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS
- Is based in the head office but will frequently travel by land within the assigned region (e.g. Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna or Bicol)
For current Maynilad employees: In addition to the application form below, please submit your Immediate Superior and Department Head’s email approval to [email protected]
Please read the General Consent Form by clicking on the Download button.Download